Although the title of this content is How to Find Steam ID on Mobile, yet I will tell you everything you need to know about steam and how to find steam ID on Mobile and desktop. You may have not heard of steam before now, or you may have heard of it but you are not so familiar with it. You do not know what it means and what service it provides. As such, this article will explain it in detail. We cannot talk about how to find steam ID on mobile and desktop when you are not familiar with what steam is.
What is Steam?
Steam is a video gaming system developed in 2003 by Valve. Originally, Steam was launched to enable automatic update on their games. But in the process of time, the service was extended to third party developers. As such, third parties can register on steam and develop their own games on the platform. Steam offers amazing services outside gaming. Some of these services include; game streaming, automatic game update, in-game chat, social networking, community market, game server matchmaking and more.
The platform provides an interface called Steamworks. This interface enables developers to integrate several functions into their products. Steam is available for apple and android devices for mobiles. It is also available for MacOS, Linux and windows. It is currently available in about 29 different languages. Currently, it is the largest platform for computer gaming that controls about 70% of the market share. It has over 35,000 games with over 100 million monthly active users.
Steam supports the sharing of games with family members and close friends by authorizing machines to access the library. Steam has an Anti-Cheat software which blocks a user’s account when it determines that the user is cheating in multiplayer games, selling accounts to others, or trading games to exploit regional price differences.
Things to Know about Steam
Steam has grown to become one of the most innovative gaming system in the globe. As such, it has some important things you should know about it.
- It has about 35,000 games
- It has an awesome community that can help you network with other members. In the community, you can meet new people, join groups, form clans, chat in-game and more.
- It has a Steam Controller and the VR technologies that power the HTC Vive to making gaming on the PC even better.
- The company rolled out a feature called Steamworks. It is a set of tools and services that help game developers and publishers get the most out of distributing games on Steam.
- At intervals, more updates and features are brought in.
- You can also stream your games live with just one click.
- On Steam, You can share your game with friends or the entire community.
- You can also access steam on your mobile devices.
- Steam encourages developers to include controller support in their games including PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo controllers.
How to Find Steam ID on Mobile
Now we come to the crux of this content. I want to show you how to find steam ID on mobile and desktop. Steam ID is a visible way to identify an individual as a user of Steam. It is a combination of numbers that is permanently attached to your account. It helps Steam to personalize things for you when you’re on the platform. On Steam, users can find your profile by searching for your username. When they have found you by searching for your profile name, they can then add you as a friend by clicking on the “Add as Friend” button. This means that they must first know your profile or username before they can add you.
But then, seeing that there are millions of users on the system, you may not be the only person with that username. For example, if you search for someone on facebook, there are several times where tens and hundreds of other people with same name will be displayed as result. This is also possible on Steam. If your username looks common, there might be hundreds of users with same name. As a result, the user might not be able to find your profile. It is because of this reason that Steam ID is needed. To that end, you can add your Steam ID at the end of the community URL (e.g. https://steamcommunity.com/id/215478652987001256).
Seeing that your Steam ID is very important in this case, the issue then will be on how to find Steam ID on mobile and desktop. To find your Steam ID on mobile, Follow the steps below;
1. Open the Steam mobile app on your mobile device.
2. Navigate to your account detail.
3. Once you navigate to your account details, your Steam ID is displayed below your username. The Steam ID is a 17 digit number. Copy the ID
4. After you have copied the ID, add it at the back of the community URL (https://steamcommunity.com/id/). For example, if your Steam ID is 21547865298701256, your community URL will then be https://steamcommunity.com/id/21547865298701256.
At this point, you can then share your community URL with other users so that they can add you up. When the user clicks on the URL, they, will be redirected to your Steam profile.
How to Find Steam ID on Mobile Using Lookup Tool
Using a lookup tool is the easiest way to find you Steam ID if you already have a custom URL for your Steam profile. These tools can obtain a SteamID from a custom Steam URL or the username from a custom Steam URL.
To use a Lookup Tool for this purpose, follow these steps:
- Open you’re the browser you use and type in steamidfinder.com. Although this website is not operated by Valve, yet they recommend it. Just the way Savefrom.net is used to download videos from Youtube.
- Enter the username you use for your custom Steam URL into the text field and select Get SteamID.
- Check the results displayed as output to determine your SteamID. The Steam ID is presented in three different forms which are SteamID64, SteamID and SteamID3.
How to find Steam ID – Another Approach
If you do not want to follow the procedures above, then there is a shorter cut for you. To do that, follow these steps below;
- Open the Steam Platform
- Go to Settings
- Click on Interface
- Click on Display web address bars when available
- Click on enable
- Finally, Click OK.
If you have done all these, Steam will display a web address bar at the top of the application. Then, you can visit your Steam profile and copy your Steam ID on the web address bar.
How to Add a Friend on Steam
To add a friend or user on Steam is as simple as doing it on social media platforms. For the sake of adding friends on Steam is the major reason why you need your Steam ID. Having found your Steam ID as shown in the steps above, follow the steps below;
- The user must first share their Steam ID with you. If they have done that, the click on the link.
- On your Steam profile, you will see a clickable option captioned “Add as Friend”. You need to click on it.
- The User will then be sent a notification to confirm the friendship.
- The user will then have to accept the friend request to become friend with you.
How to find your friend’s Steam ID?
If you are looking for a friend’s Steam ID, then the steps involved are simple.
- Open Steam app on your mobile device or your desktop
- Hover the cursor on your username and some options will be displayed
- Select ‘FRIENDS’.
- Right-click on your friend’s profile
- Copy page URL.
- Paste the copied URL
- The last 17 digits in this URL is the Steam ID of your friend.
Technology makes things easier for us in our day by day endeavor. As such, been able to find your Steam ID will make the Steam platform easier for you to use.